Founded over 10 years ago, Paradine is powering towards our mission of becoming the global leader in sports betting and trading technology. Our team consists of some of the best and brightest minds in data analysis, outcome predictions and trading execution.
We pride ourselves on our ability to consistently innovate and excel in one of the most dynamic and fast-paced markets in the world. We’re on an exciting journey to continue to scale and reveal the immense potential of our business, our world-leading technology sits at the heart of this.
Paradine operates across global markets. Our systems need to deliver real-time decision making insights to our quant and strategy teams and provide reliable execution of trades. As we grow, new challenges related to latency, volume and stability emerge across our tech stack. The ingenuity of our technology team ensures our business runs effectively but also scales in line with our huge ambitions.
You will regularly face unique challenges requiring innovation rarely demanded in other industries. To support these efforts we provide an environment where time is dedicated to problem solving and discussion, and give you the opportunity to work with and learn from a group of exceptionally talented people.
As a Java developer, you will be working in one of our agile, cross-functional teams to build resilient, scalable technology that powers the growth of the company. Our teams are a critical part of the business and work directly with commercial stakeholders to achieve our strategic objectives.
We believe in our teams operating autonomously. Teams determine how things get done and we trust each other to find optimal solutions. Our teams own their code from inception, through to in-life support – including QA and deployment.
The teams sit across four key areas of our business and we give our people the opportunity to work across these areas as they grow and develop in their career at Paradine:
Working at the interface of our business and the outside world, providing streams of low latency, reliable data, solving complex and interesting integration problems.
Delivering the framework that enables the quant and strategy teams to utilise data to make trading decisions.
Maintaining and evolving our data architecture to guarantee fast transport, reliable archival and high availability of all data across our estate.
Designing and building services that help power the development, deployment, and monitoring of our world-leading trading platform.
Some of the technologies you can expect to be working with are: Java, Kafka, AMQ, Kubernetes, AWS, MongoDB.
- You have experience of Java development in a professional capacity
- Exposure to Kafka, AMQ or a similar messaging/streams based technology
- Familiar with event driven design patterns and micro service architecture
- You’ve worked on large scale, distributed systems that operate with large volumes of data
- You are a natural problem solver and enjoy challenging yourself
- An advocate of engineering best practice, you are focused on quality, deployment and in-life support as well as the core engineering
- You’ve proven that you can operate in a fast paced environment where ambiguity exists and you can seek the clarity you need to succeed
- You enjoy talking to key stakeholders and show a desire for understanding how the business operates
- You are a team player who thrives working in an open and friendly work environment.
- An excellent communicator who can relay the complexity of what they are working on to a variety of stakeholders
Achieving our individual and shared ambitions is built on a variety of unique needs. To support these, Paradine provides a benefits package with flexibility and control to support you.
- Bonus scheme tied to personal and company performance
- Flexible/Remote Work (with a WFH equipment budget)
- Comprehensive Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 3 extra days to fulfil personal ambitions (learning, volunteering, expeditions,)
- Personal (non-professional) development/learning budget of £250 per year
- Personal wellbeing budget of £100 per month (eg. add family to PMI, wellbeing
- treatments, personal fitness)
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Income Protection (75% to SPA)
- Monthly socials and quarterly company events